Mickey Guyton is a four-time GRAMMY-nominated American country music artist. Mickey is just a nickname. Her full name is Candace Mycale Guyton. She is the first Black nominee for Best Country Album at the Grammys in the award’s history. Her warm, textured voice walks the line between classic country and contemporary pop. In 2022, she represented America on its biggest stages, belting out the national anthem at the Super Bowl and hosting PBS’s July 4 celebration from the Capitol Lawn.
Today, she releases her new single “Nothing Compares To You” featuring Multi-Platinum-selling star Kane Brown. Mickey’s and Kane’s voices create a lush blend perfectly suited for this sentimental and tender love song written by Tyler Hubbard, Bebe Rexha, and Jordan Schmidt. “Nothing Compares To You” impacts country radio Aug. 7.
“This song said everything I needed to about my relationship with my husband and really spoke to me the moment I heard it,” shares Mickey. “Having been a fan of Kane’s from the beginning, I felt this was the perfect song for us to do together. I’m so thankful Tyler, Bebe, and Jordan trusted us with this beautiful song!”
Mickey’s Most Popular Songs
Mickey Guyton has released several popular songs throughout her career. Here are some of her most well-known songs:
- “Black Like Me” – This powerful song addresses racial inequality and discrimination and became a significant anthem during the Black Lives Matter movement.
- “Better Than You Left Me” – This emotional ballad showcases Guyton’s vocal range and storytelling abilities. It was her debut single and received critical acclaim.
- “What Are You Gonna Tell Her?” – This thought-provoking song highlights the challenges and obstacles faced by women in society. It encourages listeners to consider the impact of their words and actions.
- “Heaven Down Here” – This uplifting track calls for unity and love in a divided world. It delivers a message of hope and compassion.
- “Rosé” – This catchy and upbeat song celebrates the joy of living in the moment and enjoying life’s simple pleasures.